The clubhouse is home to all levels of racquet enthusiasts, and within its historic walls are one court tennis court, six international squash courts, the country’s first doubles squash court, and a racquets court.
The club has hosted several major national and international tournaments. The Racquets Singles World Championship, the Court Tennis US Open, qualifying matches for The Squash US Open, The Tompkins Cup (an SDA Pro Tour event), and the Intercollegiate Squash Doubles National Championship. The U.S. Squash Hall of Fame was briefly located at the Club until moving to Yale University.
Read more about the racquet sports we offer below:
Clinics are scheduled throughout the year and cater to all ability levels. If you have played lawn tennis or squash before, this sport will surely capture your interest.
In 2014, The Club worked in conjunction with The United States Court Tennis Preservation Foundation (USCTPF) in an effort to raise funds to improve the existing condition of the court, which is one of only 11 in The United States. As a result, the court underwent a substantial renovation project that included new and improved light fixtures, new paint, and new netting. Through this collaborative effort the USCTPF and The Racquet Club aspire to increase awareness of the grand old game of court tennis on both a national and local platform. To achieve this goal, The Racquet Club now extends use of the court tennis court to non-members of the club, subject to availability, and under the following terms and conditions:
- The non-member makes a reservation at least one week in advance of the reservation date with the Pro-Shop.
- The non-member agrees to pay, in advance, a $50 court fee. Reciprocal members pay a $30 court fee.
- The non-member agrees to abide by all of The Club’s rules and regulations, including but not limited to dress code and cell phone usage.
- The non-member agrees that his or her access to The Club is limited to the fourth floor and does not include use of any other areas of The Club with the exception of the locker rooms.
- With the exception of tournaments, non-members are limited to no more than three (3) or fewer Tennis Court reservations per year and no more than one hour of court time per day during non-peak hours.
The terms and conditions listed above can be amended by The Racquet Club at any time, including but not limited to the court fees and the permitted number of court uses per year.
If you are a non-member and have an interest in booking the Court Tennis Court, please contact the Pro-Shop at 215-772-1544 or by email at email@example.com
We encourage players of all levels to take up the game. Our court is known to be the fastest in the world; so if you can learn here, you can play anywhere. Individual lessons are encouraged for new players as the speed of the game, and spin of the ball, takes practice to master. All of our athletic professionals are eager to showcase this unique sport and build its player base at the club.